Friday, July 23, 2010

Another Pretty Front-Door


This house has its front door blocked by a little table with some objects (pots and a birdhouse) on it. I guess the house owners prefer to use the back door - generally the kitchen door or maybe the garage - to access the house interior. This is not uncommon in villages - do not ask me why. My parents-in-law for instance, although their front door is in perfect shape and not blocked by objects it is never ever used; and this rule is not broken when they receive guests either.
Personally, I like to keep all the house functions clear. I think it is good feng-shui keeping my front door clean, visible and with free access - identification number and little porcelaine plaquette with the family name on it as well. So that good energies can access us - post, good news and friends. Good vibes: come on in !

5 comments:

Invader_Stu said...

This must present the mail man with problems

Roseane, said...

Cada cultura com seus costumes. Também já fiz uma fotos de portas aqui em Heidelberg com umas coisas bem esquisitas para o meu gosto.

Boa semana!!!

Aledys Ver said...

Oh dear, lovely decoration, but what a waste of a very good door! :D
I don't like using the second door - and I definitely don't like welcoming guests through the kitchen or the shed... I guess there are certain habits that we will never let go, no matter how long we live here in the NL, right?

PinayinDutchland said...

In addition to their cute front doors, I also love the Dutch's windows. Especially in the provinces and dorpjes, it's like they are competing on who have the best.

Jaboticaba Preta said...

My father-in-law has a broken window, so he placed a cactus there to cover and block the view. Once I asked why not having it fixed. The argument was that another day he would have it repaired. It wouldn't cost him any cent (windows are insured). So until now the cactus remains there for at least the past 10 years hehe