Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birdhouses (Casas de Passarinhos) [Vogelhuisjes]

In my village there are lots and lots of houses with well manicured gardens - and birdhouses. During months I have photographed some of them in order to post here. Sometimes my husband was very irritaded about me because he had an impression I was invading private space - but I think it was just his perception of my act. I do not invade gardens - I just need to step in them for two or three seconds in order o make my clicks.

Photos above and below: www.hetvogelhuisje.nl


The 8 photos below were made by be in my village. I am always taking different routes to the school of my kids on Wednesdays in order to investigate gardens and back yards. If I spot a certain birdhouse somewhere and I do not have the photo camera at the moment with me then I make a mental note to come back later. It can take me sometimes weeks to have a proper light and dry weather - and no one wondering behind the windows why the hell I am taking pics of birdhouses. After all I AM a shy person.


You can find such birdhouses at garden centers (Tuincentra) and greenhouses. Once I have seen a red wooden one at Bijenkorf. I doubted for a long moment because my husband doesn't want to have birds "shiting all around the back yard". I didn't buy it then. But I would like to give a helping hand to birds during winter with extra food and shelter. So sooner or later I will find one.







In the sequence below all 5 projects are from Droog Design and the photos are from www.apartdesign.nl La crème de la crème in birdhouse design !
Above: a three-star restaurant for birds, project by Marcel Wanders.

Eva Solo bird houses above (porcelaine) and below.



Above: "Rond", below: "Vogel voeder tafel"

8 comments:

Presépio no Canal said...

What a lovely post, Anita :)

My preferences are the 1 st and the 6th ones.

So lovely!

Jase said...

I <3 these birdhouses.

My Dad has made a few rustic birdhouses from recycled wood, and I'm hoping he'll make one for me one day. If he does, it's fine for you to come and photograph it. :)

by Faby said...

Ana querida, nem sei te dizer qual é a mais linda...
Morro de vontade de colocar uma aqui em casa, mas morro de medo do Fidel fisgar algum (rs)!. Eles fazem ninho no meu telhado nesta época do ano, e ontem mesmo já caiu um filhote lá de cima. Morro de dó!

Saudades minha amiga! Não estou dando conta do meu tempo....

Um beijo enorme
Faby

Dani - Paladar said...

eu chamaria de mini mundo... um charme!

Lizzy said...

Let's get together again around Thanksgiving, if not sooner!

http://lizzygoesdutch.blogspot.com/2009/09/thanksmas-in-amsterdam-forum.html

Aristarkhos said...

i have always loved birdhouses! you dont find too many of those around here. we dont have backyards or gardens, so no birdhouses. But i shall find a way to set one up one day...

Aledys Ver said...

How delightful these "vogelhuisjes" are! I'd love to put one up in our garden, but my husband doesn't like what he calls "tacky" garden decoration ... (men!!)
This site you mention in your post, has nice designs, I'll check it out, maybe I'll find something that hubbie will like! (sigh....)

A Touch of Dutch said...

I like the little green Dutch house-version :-) I've been looking for a few new to add to the backyard & that would be a cute addition! Thanks for sharing these!